ORLANDO, FL. – The first three months of 2023 saw a 22 percent increase in traffic at Orlando International Airport (MCO). In total, more than 14.2 million passengers have moved through MCO so far this year.
MCO’s biggest success so far this year has been with domestic traffic, as the airport is now exceeding all previous numbers. Orlando International continues to see major gains in international traffic, up more than 65 percent as of March, while the world gradually recovers from the pandemic.
For the month of March, overall traffic climbed 15 percent on the strength of early Spring Break traffic figures and increased seat capacity by a number of airlines.
March Traffic Statistics
- Domestic traffic increased nearly 13 percent with 4,679,558 passengers at Orlando International.
- International traffic climbed 40.1 percent as 576,689 travelers made MCO their gateway to Florida.
- Combined, overall traffic was up 15.4 percent with a total of 5,256,247 passengers moving through MCO in March.
First Quarter Statistics
- Domestic traffic increased nearly 18.2 percent with 12,623,393 arrivals and departures at MCO.
- International traffic jumped 65.22 percent for the first three months of this year. In total there were some 1,634,346 international arrivals and departures at Orlando International.
- Combined, overall traffic was up 22.17 percent on the strength of 14,257,739 passengers at MCO.