ORLANDO, FL. – Orlando International Airport (MCO) is expecting near record passenger traffic during this year’s Spring Break period. Contrary to what many may think, the December holiday season is not the busiest time of year at Orlando International Airport (MCO). That distinction is reserved for this time of year that encompasses Spring Break and Easter. During the period from Sunday, February 27th through Tuesday, April 19th more than 7 million passengers are projected to travel through MCO.
“This is our Super Bowl. This is when we have the opportunity to demonstrate to the world what great customer service and the Orlando Experience really means,” says Tom Draper, Acting Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “All of our operating systems are in place and tested, parking and concessions are ready for near record crowds.”
Last year, the Spring Break travel period registered 5.2 million passengers, with this year’s predictions, traffic is expected to climb 35 percent over 2021. By comparison in 2019, prior to the pandemic, Orlando International reported approximately 7.4 million travelers during that time frame.
Spring Break Travel Tips:
1. As with other busy, high traffic periods at Orlando International Airport, it is advised that travelers allow themselves plenty of time to park, check baggage and go through security processing. MCO is suggesting arriving at the airport at least 3 hours prior to your flight for domestic and international travel.
2. Pack as lightly as possible.
3. Adhere to the TSA’s 3-1-1 rule for carry-on baggage.
4. Do NOT pack firearms or weapons in your carry-on luggage.
5. Remember, your parking options have expanded and parking garage “C” is open to the public.
6. Print or download your boarding pass prior to arriving at the airport.
7. Be prepared for extended waiting periods at any stage along your journey.
8. Wear your mask in the terminal and on the plane at all times.
9. Do not make light-hearted comments or jokes about security.
10.Check out the TSA.gov for additional tips and suggestions.
11.Pack your patience.