7/31/2012 - Orlando is Popular Destination for International Travelers During First Half of 2012
ORLANDO, FL.- The first half of the calendar year is in the books and Orlando International Airport (MCO) has seen an average 12.4 percent increase in international visitors for the first six months of 2012. The double-digit international traffic growth continued in June with a nearly 14.2 percent jump in global visitors for the month. In addition to the solid international growth, domestic traffic has remained stable for the second quarter and for June.
"The growing double-digit international numbers we've experienced so far this year are a direct result of the value of our destination. This strong international presence has helped us maintain steady numbers during a soft domestic market for the first part of the calendar year," says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
June 2012 Statistics:
- International traffic increased 14.18 percent for the month
- International traffic totaled 295,533 in June
- Domestic traffic was flat, down .13 percent from last year at this time with 2, 728,734 passengers
- Overall traffic increased 1.1 percent
First Half Statistics CY2012:
- International traffic up 12.44 percent
- International volume hit nearly 1.9 million with a total of 1 ,899,851 travelers being processed at MCO
- Domestic traffic was relatively flat, down one half of one percent (.59) with 16,424,623 passengers
- Overall traffic is up .62 percent
For more information, contact Carolyn Fennell or Rod Johnson in the Office of Public Affairs at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.