11/17/2011 - Fiscal Year 2010-2011 Ends Positively at Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. – The 2010-2011 fiscal year is in the books for the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority and passenger traffic is up nearly 3.7 percent compared to the same time period the previous year. International traffic is on a record pace and domestic traffic showed modest improvement.
“As we prepare for a busy holiday travel season, I’m encouraged and cautiously optimistic that we will see the same positive passenger growth trend in the fourth quarter, that accounted for the 35.5 million passengers recorded in the just concluded fiscal year”, says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
Fiscal Year 2010-2011 Statistical Data:
- Domestic traffic is up 3.42 percent
- International traffic is up 6.21 percent
- Overall traffic is up 3.68 percent
- For the fiscal year, Orlando International welcomed some 35,551,410 travelers
September Statistical Data:
- Domestic travel improved .79 percent
- International travel increased 9.22 percent
- Overall traffic is up 1.57 percent
- For the month, some 2.4 million travelers moved through MCO 2,400,996
Orlando International Airport celebrates 30 years of award-winning customer service which includes new, more comfortable, shuttle buses and enhanced round-the-clock transport to the new North Park Place economy satellite parking area and the main terminal building. Orlando International, where no one parks you closer!
For more information, contact Carolyn Fennell or Rod Johnson in the Office of Public Affairs at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.