11/12/2010 - Strong September Passenger Growth at Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. – Orlando International Airport (MCO) concluded the month of September with strong passenger growth. Overall traffic increased 7.32 percent, which represents the best monthly growth performance so far this calendar year.
“We are encouraged by the numbers which mark the fifth straight month of passenger increases at Orlando International Airport over last year. The healthy September statistics, with double-digit growth in international traffic, also helped increase our third-quarter report and expectations for a positive year end”, says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
September 2010 Statistical Data:
- Domestic traffic increased 6.6 percent
- International traffic increased 14.88 percent
- A total of 2.36 million passengers traveled through MCO in September <2,363,914>
Third Quarter 2010 Statistical Data:
- Domestic traffic increased 1.59 percent
- International traffic increased 10.13 percent
- A total of 26,143,047 passengers have traveled through MCO during the first nine months of 2010
Orlando International Airport has 44% more domestic, non-stop service than any other airport in the state of Florida.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.