6/15/2010 - Three Million Passengers Travel Through Orlando International Airport in April
ORLANDO, FL. – The fluctuating passenger numbers for 2010 were down in April at Orlando International Airport (MCO). The uneven ride out of the recession showed an overall traffic decline of 2.4 percent for the month as compared to the same month last year. The reduction in passengers can be attributed to lower domestic travel numbers as 3.24 percent fewer travelers took to the skies.
International passenger counts continued to increase in April, up 5.82 percent, despite the massive, global air-travel disruptions caused by the start of the volcano eruptions in Iceland.
Aircraft operations at Orlando Executive Airport (ORL) were up 2.4 percent for the month.
Statistical Information for April 2010:
- Over three million passengers moved through MCO in April with 3,013,328 recorded travelers
- Year-to-date traffic is up .69 percent
- International traffic increased 5.82 percent
- Domestic traffic declined 3.24 percent
- Overall traffic fell 2.41 percent for the month of April
Orlando International Airport offers 90 domestic, non-stop destinations, more than any other airport in Florida.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.