ORLANDO, FL. – For the third time this year passenger traffic at Orlando International Airport (MCO) topped three million during the month of July. Pushing the total over the three million mark was a robust increase of 16.4 percent in international travel. The international growth was supported by an increase of 18 new weekly flights from international destinations in Mexico and the Bahamas on AeroMexico, Mexicana and Bahamasair.
The increase in international activity helped to offset a 5.3 percent drop in domestic traffic which created a 3.76 percent overall decline. That was the smallest monthly reduction in passenger traffic so far in 2009.
July 2009 Statistical Data:
- Nearly 3.1 million passengers, 3,099,424, traveled through MCO in July
- Of that total 271,013 were international visitors
- Year-to-date international traffic is up 9.17 percent
- On a rolling 12-month basis international traffic is up 9.38 percent
- Domestic traffic is down 10.45 percent year-to-date
According to the 2009 Travel Leaders Fall Travel Trends Survey, Orlando ranks as the second most booked destination in the nation for the remainder of the calendar year.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.