ORLANDO, FL. - An increase in international traffic of 13.6 percent helped lift the reported passenger count in May at Orlando International Airport (MCO). For the month, overall traffic decreased 8.6 percent with over 2.8 million passengers using MCO.
The total number of passengers at MCO is down compared to 2008. The decline mirrors the aviation industry and many airports across the country as airlines restructure their routes to increase load factors and meet current demand.
Statistical Facts for May 2009:
- International traffic increased 13.6 percent
- Domestic travel decreased 10.2 percent
- Overall traffic experienced a reduction of 8.6 percent
- A total of 2,870,752 passengers used Orlando International in May
- Year-to-date international traffic is up 3.4 percent
- Year-to-date overall traffic is down 10.8 percent
- On a rolling 12-month basis overall traffic is down 9.0 percent
Orlando International Airport serves 76 domestic destinations, more than any other airport in Florida.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.