6/4/2009 - International Traffic Up in April at Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. - International traffic improved in April at Orlando International Airport. The number of international arrivals and departures increased 7.4 percent, when compared to the same month last year, to 280,858. Around the world global air passenger traffic fell 3 percent (domestic down 5 percent, international down 2 percent) in April according to Airports Council International (ACI).
The increase in international numbers, spurred by a 10 percent increase in international seat capacity, helped offset an 8.5 percent decline in domestic travel for the month. Overall traffic was down by 7.2 percent in April with over 3 million passengers traveling through Orlando International Airport.
Statistical Data for April 2009:
- Domestic traffic declined 8.5 percent
- International traffic increased 7.4 percent
- Total number of passengers was 3,087,873
- April was the second consecutive month of traffic over 3 million. First back to back month of traffic over 3 million since June / July of last year.
- Year-to-date international traffic is up 1.2 percent
- Rolling 12-month international traffic is up 7.4 percent
Orlando International Airport has more domestic service than any other airport in Florida with non-stop service to 74 destinations, and 17 international destinations.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.