ORLANDO, FL. – For the calendar year-to-date, Orlando International Airport (MCO) has a 3.71 percent increase in passenger traffic when compared to the same period last year. This number includes a drop in passenger traffic for the month of June of 3.3 percent with a total of 3,060,946 passengers. International travel to Central Florida remains strong with a 23.12 percent increase for the calendar year to date.
- Year-to-date international traffic is up 23.12 percent
- Over 1.4 million international visitors have traveled through MCO this year
- For the first half of 2008 over 19.2 million travelers have used Orlando International Airport
- For the 12 month rolling total, traffic is at a record 37.1 million
- Capacity cuts do not always equate to lower passenger counts
- Despite current airline seat contractions, more people are traveling to Orlando International
For the month of June, general aviation traffic at Orlando Executive Airport increased nearly three percent when compared to statistics from the same time period in 2007.
Orlando International Airport is ranked second in overall passenger satisfaction for large airports nationwide according to the latest J.D. Power and Associates study.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at (407) 825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.