11/19/2007 - Holiday Parking Advisory
The annual Thanksgiving holiday travel rush is here and in an effort to enhance the travel experience through Orlando International Airport (MCO) at this busy time of year, Parking Tips are being emphasized to share with your audiences. MCO is expecting a 3.5 percent increase in traffic this season. More than 1.1 million passengers are expected during the 12-day holiday travel period.
- There is plenty of on-site parking available this year at Orlando International Airport.
- There are more than 21,600 parking spaces in the garages, terminal-top and satellite parking lots.
- 40-minute complimentary grace period in both “A” and “B” parking garages and terminal top parking.
- Satellite parking lots have convenient shuttle services that transport to and from the main terminal building in ten minute or less intervals.
Passenger Pick-Up Options
- Express Pick-Up: An easier option for passenger pickup at MCO. The service for E-Pass and SunPass customers is open from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. and allows customers to park curbside under the terminal after a vehicle inspection. Access to this feature is available by following signs to the departure level.
- Cell Phone Parking: A complimentary cell phone parking lot is available in the Red Satellite parking lot. Simply pull in and wait for a call on your cell phone from your passenger when they are ready for pick-up.
Customer Convenience / General Information
- All parking lots and garages now accept E-Pass and SunPass for easy electronic transponder payment.
- Allow at least 30 minutes after scheduled flight arrival before driving to curbside for passenger pick-up.
- Observe roadway signs upon arrival for the latest parking options and status.
- Call 407-825-PARK (7275) for additional parking information and status.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority recommends passengers traveling domestically arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to their flight. International passengers should allow more than three hours for arrival prior to scheduled departure. Have a safe and happy holiday season!
For more information, contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.