Foreign Trade Zone #42
Orlando International Airport's Foreign Trade Zone is located in the only quadramodal transportation hub in the world, offering access to all global destinations. International business is made easy through a superior network of air routes, interstate highways, rail systems, deep water ports, and space transportation through launch facilities at the Kennedy Space Center.
Zone activities may include:
Foreign Trade Zone#42 Is Another Word for Experience
At Foreign Trade Zone #42 we’ve been helping corporations take advantage of the Foreign Trade Zone program since we were established in 1979. As a general purpose zone, were situated in the heart of one of the country's fastest growing airports.
Because we are strategically located near all major distribution channels (air, land, sea and interstate) we are ideally suited to meet your business needs. Our experienced personnel and the areas Customs Brokers are available to help you with everything from paperwork to regulation information.
9 Reasons to Use Foreign Trade Zones
- When imported material has incorrect country of origin markings, you can avoid fines and penalties by entering merchandise into the zone and remarking or re-labeling it before making a U.S. Customs entry.
- Merchandise entering through the zone is not subject to state, local ad valorem or inventory taxes.
can be transferred to the zone and held until a quota is opened. The benefit is a quicker response time because the merchandise is
already in the
- Parts subject to quota may be manipulated or processed to create a product that is not subject to quota.
- Because insurance does not have to include Customs duties, costs are reduced.
- Exports returned if items are not registered with U.S. Customs, you can return merchandise to the Foreign Trade Zone and eliminate duties.
Trade Zones contribute to quality control by ensuring that
- Merchandise can be transferred from one zone to another, to a subzone, or removed from a zone temporarily for certain activities.
- Zones are subject to U.S. Customs supervision and security requirements.
A Closer Look at How the Savings Work
Costs through Warehousing and Distribution
merchandise is stored in the Foreign Trade Zone, you are not required to pay
Customs duties until the items leave the zone and enter
- Reduce Costs through Assembling, Processing, Manipulating or Manufacturing
- The rate of duty is based on either imported materials or finished products. Because finished products often have lower duty rates, you can reduce costs by choosing this option. Merchandise in a zone can be stored, sampled, displayed, tested, cleared, re-labeled, repacked, repaired, mixed, assembled, processed, and manufactured.
- Eliminate Costs through Exporting and Destroying
- When merchandise is exported to another country, it never enters U.S. Customs territory, and Customs duties are not paid. Therefore duty drawback is not necessary. Additionally, if merchandise is defective, damaged, scrapped, waste or obsolete, it can be re-exported or destroyed to eliminate duty.
Reduce Operating Costs through Foreign Trade Zones
government programs have been more instrumental in attracting international
trade throughout the
We Have Plenty of Site Options Available
Because businesses today have specialized needs, we offer a number of building and land options. To begin with, we offer almost unlimited lease options (office, distribution center or warehouse) or a build to suit from any of the airport developers. Land is available for companies wising to build their own facilities, and sub-zone status is available off-airport locations.
In August 2006 Forward Logistics Group, Inc. was appointed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection as a Foreign Trade Zone Operator for Foreign Trade Zone #42. FLG operates a General Purpose Zone warehouse and is located approximately three miles west of Orlando International Airport.
Forward Logistics Group, Inc.
1181 Tradeport Drive
Orlando, FL 32824
Contact: Karen Koide at (407) 438-5499
Or via GOAA at
Useful Links for our Cargo Community
Our Foreign Trade Zone Sites and Buildings document requires Adobe Acrobat to view it. If you are having trouble viewing this document you probably do not have a current version of the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader software. Click the button on the left and follow the instructions to download and install the software.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.